Saturday 29 June 2013

(Kinda) Commissioned Work!

I've finally been able to put my design skills to good use! 
Since I have my design exam coming up, I really needed a way of studying 
that didn't just involve drawing different shapes with different tools on InDesign. 
My mum suggested redesigning a brochure for her work 
(which is a government organisation, so I won't name names). 

So, I've spent the past week designing this brochure and am 
quite happy with the outcome. 
Unfortunately, I can't show you the final, but I thought I'd 
share the painting(s) I did for the front cover. 

Initially they wanted a blue Forget-Me-Not flower. 
I really liked this one. 


Sadly, although they loved the painting, the organisation's main colours are pinks and purples. 
So, I had to attempt to recreate it, but in pink. 
(I hate pink.)
I don't think it turned out as well, but they seemed to like it! 


I apologise for the crap photos.. I can't find my camera so they were taken on my phone. 

Anyway, I was very excited to have done it. 
I think it was a really great experience - especially since I wasn't able to go off on a 
creative tangent doing whatever I wanted. 
Plus, it will look great on my résumé! 

No comments: